Kick off the 2013 Festival right with these great showcases! Of course, there’s a lot more to see. Tell us what you’re most excited about on our Facebook page! See our full Friday schedule at www.nwfolklife.org/festival.
- High School Swing Dance: This impressive lineup of young musicians includes the award-winning Garfield High School Jazz Band and the Eckstein Middle School Sr. Jazz Band.
Friday, May 24th from 3:45-6:00pm on the Armory Stage.
- Fin Records Showcase: *New!* Folklife is thrilled to have Ballard’s Fin Records on board to host Indie Roots artists this year. The lineup of exciting local roots acts includes The Lures, Davidson Hart Kingsberry, Low Hums and Red Jacket Mine. Sponsored by BECU.
Friday, May 24th from 6:00-9:00pm on the Fountain Lawn Stage.
- Groove Train: *New!* Kick off the first night of the festival dancing under the stars with Luc and the Lovingtons, Unite One, Wet City Rockers, Gravity Kings and the Jefferson Rose Band. These groups are sure to move your body and soul.
Friday, May 24 from 7:00-10:00pm at the Xfinity Mural Amphitheater.
- Friday Night Gospel Celebration: Be thankful for this great local gospel music, featuring Pastor Pat Wright and the Total Experience Gospel Choir and the Mt. Calvary COGIC Praise Team.
Friday, May 24th from 7:00-9:00pm in the Bagley Wright Theatre.
- Bollywood Show: We are bringing back one of the most popular shows of the 2012 Festival! Get ready to feel the rhythms of India. Sponsored by NW Asian Weekly.
Friday, May 24th from 7:00-8:30pm at the International Dance Stage at the Ex Hall.
- Cajun Roadhouse: Experience a little bit of the South in the great Northwest! The evening kicks off with Louisiana Dance Lessons, so why not get out on the floor?
Friday, May 24th from 8:00-10:00pm in Warren’s Roadhouse.