Friends of Folklife are the philanthropists who sustain Northwest Folklife and its 45-year tradition of celebrating our big neighborhood. This is what it means to be a Friend of Folklife: you make it all possible. Northwest Folklife’s donors all help create meaningful experiences for themselves and for people of all ages and means. The more we celebrate one another the better.
Founded in 1972, the organization’s crown jewel is and always will be the annual Northwest Folklife Festival, the country’s largest community-powered arts and culture Festival. With the enduring support of dedicated donors, and by working in close private-public partnership with Seattle Center, we’ve been able to maintain our deeply held ethos of all-access: no admission charge thanks to donations.
Today, we have grown beyond the Northwest Folklife Festival and we are fulfilling our great capacity to be the go-to resource for multi-cultural programming through our complement of performance events and community partnerships. Folklife Presents workshops and performances bridge our two anchor productions: the Northwest Folklife Festival and the Seattle Children’s Festival. Our Big Neighborhood youth and family program provides opportunities for families to engage together in sharing and celebrating the vitality of folk, ethnic and traditional arts. The annual Cultural Focus explores a Pacific Northwest community or art form in depth.
The Pacific Northwest is home to an extraordinary community of communities—ethnic, familial, occupational, religious, and regional—and we believe it is important to celebrate and help sustain the traditions of all of those groups.
Your gift builds strong communities. Become a Friend of Folklife today.
There Are So Many Ways to Give:
- ‘1,000 for the Future’ Campaign: you can champion Northwest Folklife now and into the future! Join two dedicated Friends of Folklife who will match your new gift of $1,000 or more, or $1,000 over your giving in 2015, in a campaign called ‘1,000 for the Future’ through 9/30/2016! With their gift, these Friends are demonstrating their belief that participation in the arts is as important as observing them. This generous offer is extended to corporations and individuals. Will you or your business join them? Please contact our Development Director Sheila Siden at 206.233.3953 or sheila @ nwfolklife.org to learn more.
- Become a Friend of Folklife: Your donations of $50 and more automatically qualify you to receive Friend of Folklife benefits. Friends donating $250 and more provide a level of support that brings multi-cultural programs to life year-round, including Youth and Family Programming and the Crossroads Cultural Arts Series. We affectionately call these donors ‘folkstarters.’
- Donate any amount: Click here to make a gift of any amount. You may also mail a check to Northwest Folklife at 305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA 98109. Please note any details such as whether the gift is ‘in honor of’ or ‘in memory of’ someone special.
- Automatic Monthly Donations: Sign up to have a monthly gift automatically charged your debit or credit card. Your donations will add up to sustaining support. Annual donations of $50 and more received by April 30th will be acknowledged with Friend of Folklife benefits at the Northwest Folklife Festival.
- Gifts of Stock: Consider donating appreciated shares in kind, for tax advantages, using our trusted brokerage firm.
- Planned Giving: Create your legacy of support for Northwest Folklife and the future of community-powered arts and culture in the Pacific Northwest by including Northwest Folklife in your will and other giving instruments.
- Multiply Your Donation: If your employer offers a Matching Gift Program, please do register your gift with your employer to generate corporate support for Northwest Folklife. Thank You
- Text to Give $10 to Support Festival Production: Amplifiers, Buttons, Canopies, Chairs, Dumpsters, Elephant Ear Makers, Infrastructure, Jamming Benches, Medics, Power, Security, Signage, Sound Systems, Stages, Tables, Tape, Training, Trusses…:
- Text keyword ‘FOLK’ [email address] to 20222
- Carrier sends a confirmation request.
- Donor then texts ‘yes’ back to confirm the donation.
Northwest Folklife is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our Tax ID # is 91-1311548.