Your support makes it possible for Northwest Folklife to bring artists and audiences together to play, dance, sing, taste, learn and participate … everyone together. We invite you to become a Friend of Folklife.
Your gifts strengthen communities and enrich lives by creating opportunities for self-expression and participation for people of all ages and means.
Friends of Folklife are the philanthropists who support Northwest Folklife, the organization that produces the Northwest Folklife Festival, the Seattle Children’s Festival, Cultural Arts Series, Folklife Presents, and more. Programs are accessible to all, pay-what-you-can, no admission charge thanks to your donations. Northwest Folklife raises funds to complement in-kind support received from the City of Seattle and Seattle Center. Support from Friends of Folklife, and $10 suggested daily donations from Festival guests sustain this 45-year tradition.
Your gifts support Northwest Folklife’s extensive community outreach and co-creative planning that are the key to proactive, relevant, and inclusive community-powered programs. Northwest Folklife fosters community participation and provides opportunities for all to come together to share their arts and culture, representing a powerful defining force that makes our region a special place to live. By donating to Northwest Folklife, you sustain participatory, educational, and fun multi-cultural programs including the Northwest Folklife Festival, the Seattle Children’s Festival, Cultural Arts Series, and more.
Northwest Folklife donors help create meaningful experiences for themselves and for people of all ages and means. These inspiring words of thanks come after the recent 45th Northwest Folklife Festival via our survey: “I was homeless both this year and last. I think of the festival as a blessing; it made a difference to me that most attendees probably cannot imagine. For instance, I love classical music and have not been able to go to the symphony. Still, at the Festival, I got to sing the Mozart Requiem–and how else would such a thing be possible? Thank you!”
There Are So Many Ways to Give:
- ‘1,000 for the Future’ Campaign: you can champion Northwest Folklife now and into the future! Join two dedicated Friends of Folklife who will match your new gift of $1,000 or more, or $1,000 over your giving in 2015, in a campaign called ‘1,000 for the Future’ through 9/30/2016! With their gift, these Friends are demonstrating their belief that participation in the arts is as important as observing them. This generous offer is extended to corporations and individuals. Will you or your business join them? Please contact our Development Director Sheila Siden at 206.233.3953 or sheila @ nwfolklife.org to learn more.
- Become a Friend of Folklife: Your donations of $50 and more automatically qualify you to receive Friend of Folklife benefits. Friends donating $250 and more provide a level of support that brings multi-cultural programs to life year-round, including Youth and Family Programming and the Crossroads Cultural Arts Series. We affectionately call these donors ‘folkstarters.’
- Donate any amount: Click here to make a gift of any amount. You may also mail a check to Northwest Folklife at 305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA 98109. Please note any details such as whether the gift is ‘in honor of’ or ‘in memory of’ someone special.
- Automatic Monthly Donations: Sign up to have a monthly gift automatically charged your debit or credit card. Your donations will add up to sustaining support. Annual donations of $50 and more received by April 30th will be acknowledged with Friend of Folklife benefits at the Northwest Folklife Festival.
- Gifts of Stock: Consider donating appreciated shares in kind, for tax advantages, using our trusted brokerage firm.
- Planned Giving: Create your legacy of support for Northwest Folklife and the future of community-powered arts and culture in the Pacific Northwest by including Northwest Folklife in your will and other giving instruments.
- Multiply Your Donation: If your employer offers a Matching Gift Program, please do register your gift with your employer to generate corporate support for Northwest Folklife. Thank You
- Text to Give $10 to Support Festival Production: Amplifiers, Buttons, Canopies, Chairs, Dumpsters, Elephant Ear Makers, Infrastructure, Jamming Benches, Medics, Power, Security, Signage, Sound Systems, Stages, Tables, Tape, Training, Trusses…:
- Text keyword ‘FOLK’ [email address] to 20222
- Carrier sends a confirmation request.
- Donor then texts ‘yes’ back to confirm the donation.
Northwest Folklife is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our Tax ID # is 91-1311548.