Friends of Folklife are the contributors who sustain Northwest Folklife and its 45-year tradition of celebrating our big neighborhood. Your support amplifies the many voices of our Pacific Northwest cultural community. Please make your one-time gift or a monthly sustaining gift here.
Northwest Folklife programs invite all people to participate together in the cultural traditions of our big Pacific Northwest neighborhood with no financial barrier, creating the most inclusive, wide-reaching arts experiences in the region, and quite possibly the nation. Community Coordinators come from within PNW communities to partner with Northwest Folklife and co-create the Northwest Folklife Festival and other opportunities for self-expression and participation throughout the year.
“Northwest Folklife has enabled us to proverbially and literally sit at the feet of the masters of the traditions we are part of and soak in the music and culture just as people have been doing for hundreds of years, elder to youth.” ~ Riley Calcagno, The Onlies.
Your gift builds strong communities. Become a Friend of Folklife today.
There Are Many Ways to Give:
- Become a Friend of Folklife: Your donations of $50 and more automatically qualify you to receive Friend of Folklife benefits. Friends donating $250 and more provide a level of support that brings multi-cultural programs to life year-round, including Youth and Family Programming and the Crossroads Cultural Arts Series. We affectionately call these donors ‘folkstarters.’
- Donate any amount: Click here to make a gift of any amount. You may also mail a check to Northwest Folklife at 305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA 98109. Please note any details such as whether the gift is ‘in honor of’ or ‘in memory of’ someone special.
- Sustaining Monthly Gifts: Sign up to have a sustaining monthly gift automatically charged to your debit or credit card. Your donations will add up to sustaining support. Annual donations of $50 and more received by April 30th will be acknowledged with Friend of Folklife benefits at the Northwest Folklife Festival.
- Gifts of Stock: Consider donating appreciated shares in kind, for tax advantages, using our trusted brokerage firm.
- Planned Giving: Create your legacy of support for Northwest Folklife and the future of community-powered arts and culture in the Pacific Northwest by including Northwest Folklife in your will and other giving instruments.
- Multiply Your Donation: If your employer offers a Matching Gift Program, please do register your gift with your employer to generate corporate support for Northwest Folklife. Thank You
Northwest Folklife is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our Tax ID # is 91-1311548.