Your support makes it possible for Northwest Folklife to bring artists and audiences together to play, dance, sing, taste, learn and participate … everyone together. We invite you to be a Friend of Folklife! Please donate today.
Dances, musicians, regalia, artifacts and musical instruments: you name it. Folks who experience Northwest Folklife programs frequently exclaim: ‘I saw wonderful things I did not know existed!’ Northwest Folklife captures ‘living traditions,’ presenting arts and culture as a way of life.
Northwest Folklife’s Festivals are community-powered, charging no admission fee, thanks to your donations. By keeping our programs accessible to people of all ages and means, Northwest Folklife provides opportunities to all for self-expression and direct experience of the extraordinary and diverse big neighborhood of the Pacific Northwest.
We believe that inspiring kids’ cultural intelligence will create a kinder world and strong communities. The Seattle Children’s Festival builds on the Northwest Folklife Festival’s Discovery Zone and Kindiependent Stage. With your support, we are making the Seattle Children’s Festival an annual “must” experience for our region’s youngest folks and families.
The Northwest Folklife Festival, Seattle Children’s Festival and ‘Folklife Presents’ invite families and folk of all ages to experience art, food and performances by artists and artisans from near and far, to sing and dance with old friends, and to reach out to meet someone new.
Your gift of $250 or more supports Northwest Folklife’s multi-cultural programming throughout the year. We connect with artist and cultural communities all throughout the Pacific Northwest, including Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Vancouver, BC. For example, in 2015, we worked with 20 partner artists and organizations to develop our Cultural Focus: ‘Beats, Rhymes and Rhythms: Traditional Roots of Today’s Branches.’ We engaged with more than 80 communities to present 63 genres of music and dance. Basque, Tahitian, Vietnamese and Filipino communities had a new presence at the Northwest Folklife Festival. We also expanded our hands-on showcase of fiber art and visual art. Northwest Folklife’s Seattle Children’s Festival and ‘Folklife Presents’ programs provide even more opportunity to showcase the evolving cultural traditions of the Pacific Northwest.
Ways to Give:
- Become a Friend of Folklife: As a Friend of Folklife, we look forward to engaging with you all year long. Your donations of $50 and more automatically qualify you to receive Friend of Folklife benefits.
- Donate any amount: Click here to make a gift of any amount.
- Automatic Monthly Donations: Sign up to have a monthly gift automatically charged your debit or credit card to support Northwest Folklife!
- Gifts of Stock: Consider donating appreciated shares in kind, for tax advantages, using our trusted brokerage firm.
- Planned Giving: Create your legacy of support for Northwest Folklife and the future of community-powered arts and culture in the Pacific Northwest.
Northwest Folklife is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our Tax ID # is 91-1311548.