Your support makes it possible for Northwest Folklife to bring artists and audiences together to play, dance, sing, taste, learn and participate … everyone together. We invite you to be a Friend of Folklife!.
Dances, musicians, regalia, artifacts and musical instruments: you name it. Folks who experience Northwest Folklife programs frequently exclaim: ‘I saw wonderful things I did not know existed!’ Northwest Folklife captures ‘living traditions,’ presenting arts and culture as a way of life.
Northwest Folklife’s Festivals are community-powered, charging no admission fee, thanks to your donations. By keeping our programs accessible to people of all ages and means, Northwest Folklife provides opportunities to all for self-expression and direct experience of the extraordinary and diverse big neighborhood of the Pacific Northwest.
We believe that inspiring kids’ cultural intelligence will create a kinder world and strong communities. The Seattle Children’s Festival builds on the Northwest Folklife Festival’s Discovery Zone and Kindiependent Stage. With your support, we are making the Seattle Children’s Festival an annual “must” experience for our region’s youngest folks and families.
The Northwest Folklife Festival, Seattle Children’s Festival and ‘Folklife Presents’ invite families and folk of all ages to experience art, food and performances by artists and artisans from near and far, to sing and dance with old friends, and to reach out to meet someone new.
Your gift of $250 or more amplifies Northwest Folklife’s multi-cultural initiatives and programs throughout the year. Folk Starters’ support provides resources for Northwest Folklife to connect with artists and cultural communities all throughout the Pacific Northwest, including Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Western Montana. For example, in 2015, we worked with 20 partner artists and organizations to develop the 2015 Cultural Focus: Beats, Rhymes and Rhythms: Traditional Roots of Today’s Branches. We engaged with more than 80 communities throughout the year to plan and present 63 genres of music and dance at the Northwest Folklife Festival. Basque, Tahitian, Vietnamese and Filipino communities had a new presence, due to enhanced outreach. We also expanded our hands-on showcase of fiber art and visual art. Northwest Folklife’s Seattle Children’s Festival and ‘Folklife Presents’ programs provide even more opportunity to showcase the evolving cultural traditions of the Pacific Northwest. Folk Starters amplify year-round multi-cultural programs!
Ways to Give:
- Become a Friend of Folklife: As a Friend of Folklife, we look forward to engaging with you all year long. Your donations of $50 and more automatically qualify you to receive Friend of Folklife benefits.
- Donate any amount: Click here to make a gift of any amount. You may also mail a check to Northwest Folklife at 305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA 98109. Please note any details such as whether the gift is ‘in honor of’ or ‘in memory of’ someone special.
- Automatic Monthly Donations: Sign up to have a monthly gift automatically charged your debit or credit card.
- Gifts of Stock: Consider donating appreciated shares in kind, for tax advantages, using our trusted brokerage firm.
- Planned Giving: Create your legacy of support for Northwest Folklife and the future of community-powered arts and culture in the Pacific Northwest.
- Multiply Your Donation: If your employer offers a Matching Gift Program, please do register your gift with your employer to generate corporate support for Northwest Folklife. Thank You
Northwest Folklife is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our Tax ID # is 91-1311548.