Your support makes it possible for Northwest Folklife to bring artists and audiences together to play, dance, sing, taste, learn and participate … everyone together. We invite you to be a Friend of Folklife! Please donate today.
Your gift creates opportunities for artist performances, cross-cultural exchange and celebration of life for all ages, inviting you, your family and scores of your Northwest neighbors to explore the world right in your backyard: the common ground of the Seattle Center. In 2014, community-powered charitable giving to Northwest Folklife provided over 5,100 artists the opportunity to showcase their talents and creative expression for you.
A perennial favorite since 1972, the Northwest Folklife Festival is exceptional for its community engagement. Just as significant as four days of festivities over Memorial Day weekend are the year-round activities that staff and community volunteers do to connect within artist and cultural communities all throughout the Pacific Northwest, including Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Vancouver, BC. Imagine the Pacific Northwest 43 years ago, and the differences we see today. Just as the face of the region evolves, becoming more diverse and international, Northwest Folklife keeps pace, as a mirror to the people of our region. Remaining a destination for folk dancers, string bands and the like, Northwest Folklife’s annual Cultural Focus expands programming in a new area each year. In 2015, we celebrate Beats, Rhymes and Rhythms: Traditional Roots in Today’s Branches.
The Northwest Folklife Festival and the Seattle Children’s Festival invite families and folk of all ages to experience art, food and performances by artists and artisans from near and far, and reach out to meet someone new.
Ways to Give:
- Become a Friend of Folklife: As a Friend of Folklife, we look forward to engaging with you all year long. Your donations of $50 and more automatically qualify you to receive Friend of Folklife benefits.
- Donate any amount: Click here to make a gift of any amount.
- Automatic Monthly Donations: Sign up to have a monthly gift automatically charged your debit or credit card to support Northwest Folklife!
- Gifts of Stock: Consider donating appreciated shares in kind, for tax advantages, using our trusted brokerage firm.
- Planned Giving: Create your legacy of support for Northwest Folklife and the future of community-powered arts and culture in the Pacific Northwest.
Northwest Folklife’s Tax ID # is 91-1311548.