Your support makes it possible for Northwest Folklife to bring artists and audiences together to play, dance, sing, taste, learn and participate … everyone together. We invite you to become a Friend of Folklife.
Dances, musicians, regalia, artifacts and musical instruments: you name it. Folks who experience Northwest Folklife programs frequently exclaim: ‘I saw wonderful things I did not know existed!’ Northwest Folklife captures ‘living traditions,’ presenting arts and culture as a way of life.
Northwest Folklife’s programs are community-powered: no admission charge thanks to your donations. By keeping our programs accessible to people of all ages and means, Northwest Folklife provides opportunities to all for self-expression and direct experience of the extraordinary and diverse big neighborhood of the Pacific Northwest. Youth and Family Programs provide a variety of audiences with multi-cultural experiences and learning opportunities, often through presenting partners.
We believe that inspiring kids’ cultural intelligence will create a kinder world and strong communities. The Seattle Children’s Festival builds on the Northwest Folklife Festival’s Discovery Zone and Kindiependent Stage. With your support, we are making the Seattle Children’s Festival an annual “must” experience for our region’s youngest folks and families.
The Northwest Folklife Festival, Seattle Children’s Festival and ‘Folklife Presents’ invite families and folk of all ages to experience art, food and performances by artists and artisans from near and far, to sing and dance with old friends, and to reach out to meet someone new. Learn more.
Ways to Give:
- ‘1,000 for the Future’ Campaign: you can champion Northwest Folklife now and into the future! Join two dedicated Friends of Folklife who will match your new gift of $1,000 or more, or $1,000 over your giving in 2015, in a campaign called ‘1,000 for the Future’ through 9/30/2016! With their gift, these Friends are demonstrating their belief that participation in the arts is as important as observing them. This generous offer is extended to corporations and individuals. Will you or your business join them? Please contact our Development Director Sheila Siden at 206.233.3953 or sheila @ nwfolklife.org to learn more.
- Become a Friend of Folklife: As a Friend of Folklife, we look forward to engaging with you all year long. Your donations of $50 and more automatically qualify you to receive Friend of Folklife benefits. Friends donating $250 and more provide a level of support that brings multi-cultural programs to life year-round, including Youth and Family Programming and the Crossroads Cultural Arts Series. We affectionately call these donors ‘folkstarters.’
- Donate any amount: Click here to make a gift of any amount. You may also mail a check to Northwest Folklife at 305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA 98109. Please note any details such as whether the gift is ‘in honor of’ or ‘in memory of’ someone special.
- Automatic Monthly Donations: Sign up to have a monthly gift automatically charged your debit or credit card. Your donations will add up to sustaining support. Annual donations of $50 and more received by April 30th will be acknowledged with Friend of Folklife benefits at the Northwest Folklife Festival.
- Gifts of Stock: Consider donating appreciated shares in kind, for tax advantages, using our trusted brokerage firm.
- Planned Giving: Create your legacy of support for Northwest Folklife and the future of community-powered arts and culture in the Pacific Northwest by including Northwest Folklife in your will and other giving instruments.
- Multiply Your Donation: If your employer offers a Matching Gift Program, please do register your gift with your employer to generate corporate support for Northwest Folklife. Thank You
Northwest Folklife is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our Tax ID # is 91-1311548.