Volunteer at the Festival
Volunteers are an essential part of the Northwest Folklife Festival! Every year, nearly 800 volunteers staff our entrances, information booths, registration and more to make sure we have the most welcoming community arts Festival in the city. Northwest Folklife depends on volunteers to make the Festival happen.
Thank you to all our volunteers who made the 2014 Festival a success!
The volunteer department is now closed and will reopen in February of 2015. If someone else can help you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a thank you for volunteering your valuable time, volunteers receive:
- A volunteer-only commemorative button
- Access to our hospitality area
- A discount on merchandise and beer
- An invitation to the Saturday Night Participants Party on May 24th (more information to come!)
- A chance to win amazing prizes as part of our Volunteer Appreciation Program!
- And most importantly, this gives you a great chance to give back to your community and meet some amazing people and artists in the process!
To make sure you feel prepared and ready for your assigned volunteer tasks, we have a series of Volunteer Training Videos for you to watch at your leisure, but please MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THEM! Please watch the ones that pertain to your assigned jobs and if you have a shift that is not covered, please read through the Job Descriptions to familiarize yourself! The majority of our training happens onsite so please arrive early!