Volunteer at the Festival
Volunteers are an essential part of the Northwest Folklife Festival! Every year, nearly 800 volunteers staff our entrances, information booths, registration and more to make sure we have the most welcoming community arts Festival in the city. Northwest Folklife depends on volunteers to make the Festival happen.
Thank you to the hundreds of volunteers that made 2016 such a success! We look forward to seeing you next year!
A special thanks to these groups and organizations who are volunteering their time at the festival:
Cascade Bicycle Club
Garfield High School Key Club
National Wildlife Federation
North Seattle Community College International Programs
ROOTS Young Adult Shelter
Skate Like A Girl
Spokane Falls Community College
As a thank you for volunteering your valuable time, volunteers receive:
- A volunteer-only commemorative button
- Access to our hospitality area
- A discount on merchandise
- An invitation to the Saturday Night Participants Party on May 28th
- A chance to win amazing prizes as part of our Volunteer Appreciation Program!
- And most importantly, this gives you a great chance to give back to your community and meet some amazing people and artists in the process!
To make sure you feel prepared and ready for your assigned volunteer tasks, please read through the Job Descriptions to familiarize yourself! The majority of our training happens onsite so please arrive early!
Volunteer Training – Intro
Volunteer Training – Greeters & Info Booth
Volunteer Training – Registration & Festival Services
Volunteer Training – Hospitality
Volunteer Training – Production
Volunteer Training – Emcees
Volunteer Training – What You Get Out of Volunteering