Northwest Folklife opens the final day of the 2013 Festival with a special Memorial Day Ceremony on the Mural Stage. Please join us! Then continue to celebrate our Northwest traditions—and honor our history!
See full schedule at our website.
- Memorial Day Flag Ceremony: Celebrating Memorial Day, the Flag Raising Ceremony will include words from Northwest Folklife, the Seattle Police Department Color Guard, the West Seattle Cub Scout Pack 828, and music from Calum McKinnon &the Northwest Scottish Fiddlers, with bagpiper Jori Chisholm.
Monday, May 27 at 11:00am at the Xfinity Mural Amphitheatre.
- Kindiependent: Get ready to rock your onesie socks off! This wildly popular show is supposedly for youngsters, but don’t be surprised to see some in-the-know hipsters there too. Featuring the musical stylings of Harmonica Pocket, The Not-Its!, Recess Monkey, Johnny Bregar and the Country Dawgs, and (new this year!) Cat Doorman. Sponsored by ParentMap.
Monday, May 27 from 11:00am-2:30pm on the Fountain Lawn Stage.
- American Standard Time Showcase: Some of the best names in roots music (and a little bit of gospel!) will hit the stage during this Indie Roots showcase, brought to you by BECU, and hosted by KEXP’s Roadhouse radio presenter Greg Vandy. The lineup includes The Sojourners, The Sumner Brothers, Crow Quill Night Owls and The Slide Brothers. Sponsored by alt-country authority No Depression.
Monday, May 27 from 3:30-6:10pm on the KBCS Fisher Green Stage.
- IWW Little Red Songbook: Enflaming the Fans of Discontent: This year’s Festival “theme” is all about work! Help us wind up the weekend with a soul-stirring sing-a-long from the Industrial Workers of the World’s Little Red Songbook. See the full schedule of Washington Works talks, demonstrations, storytelling, art exhibits, film screenings and more at our website, nwfolklife.org/festival.
Monday, May 27 from 5:00-6:00pm at the Narrative Stage at SIFF Cinema.
- Ver(A)rt Gallery Closing Reception: Toast the young artists who contributed to this weekend’s gallery show “When Your Work Speaks for Itself, Don’t Interrupt: Perspectives on Working.”
Monday, May 27 from 6:00-8:00pm at the Ver(A)rt Gallery.