Volunteer at the Festival
Volunteers are an essential part of the Northwest Folklife Festival! Every year, nearly 700 volunteers staff our entrances, information booths, registration and more to make sure we have the most welcoming community arts Festival in the city. Northwest Folklife depends on volunteers to make the Festival happen.
As a thank you for volunteering your valuable time, volunteers receive:
- A volunteer-only commemorative button
- Access to our hospitality area
- A discount on merchandise
- An invitation to the Saturday Night Participants Party on May 27th
- A chance to win amazing prizes as part of our Volunteer Appreciation Program (check out last year’s donors!)
- And most importantly, this gives you a great chance to give back to your community and meet some amazing people and artists in the process!
All volunteers should review the job descriptions before their first shift. In addition, we have introduction videos for each position.
Volunteer Training – Intro
Volunteer Training – Greeters & Info Booth
Volunteer Training – Registration & Festival Services
Volunteer Training – Hospitality
Volunteer Training – Production
Volunteer Training – Emcees
Volunteer Training – What You Get Out of Volunteering
Got a question? Check HERE first.
If you have further questions, please email our Volunteer Department at email@example.com.