We believe that uplifting our arts, culture, and heritage is paramount in nourishing our livelihood. Amidst these times of uncertainty, we have listened and heard the need for a space to connect during these digitally-driven circumstances. As such, in line with our mission to continue to serve our community, we have created a virtual platform where we can collectively showcase our folklife, right from our homes.
Presented by Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, From Home to Home: Northwest Folklife Festival will take place May 23-25, 2020 online at nwfolklifestreaming.org. Created in partnership with Seattle Center, From Home to Home: Northwest Folklife Festival features multiple program channels and a virtual marketplace that will bring together local culture bearers, artists, creatives, sponsors, and merchants all on one platform.
The full program includes:
- Livestream Channels of music, participatory dance, and workshops
- On-Demand Streaming Channel featuring an exploration of music, dance, storytelling, and more
- Family Fun Channel featuring pre-recorded performance videos and engaging hands-on activities
- Living Legacies Channel featuring storytelling and panel discussions that pass on tradition and culture
- Festival Artist Directory highlighting the 600+ artists initially slated to perform at the Northwest Folklife Festival
- Virtual Marketplace highlighting local merchants with online purchasing options
Stay tuned for the full schedule launch on Wednesday, May 20!
Launching with From Home to Home: Northwest Folklife Festival, this new larger platform (nwfolklifestreaming.org) will host all of Northwest Folklife’s virtual programs and will continue to provide a space for our collective voice, arts, and traditions to be shared and celebrated.
During this time of uncertainty, we ask you to come together to help us sustain, uplift, and unite our folklife. Please consider making your best gift possible, one that ensures a bright and sustainable future for Northwest Folklife and speaks to the importance of upholding the arts, culture, and music that make up our daily lives. To donate, please visit: