- This event has passed.
Festál Turns 20: A Reimagining
October 12 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Seattle Center Festál has hit quite the milestone—for the past twenty years, community groups from the greater Seattle area have been celebrating their cultures, histories, and identities in the form of ethnic festivals (i.e. arts, dance, music, food, workshops, and more.). But, of course, celebrating your people has deeper implications—community-driven ethnic festivals are about investigating who we are, who we have been, who we will become.
Festál Turns 20: A Reimagining will bring young individuals together to present on how they would organize and lead a cultural celebration of their community. This showcase will take the form of several “PechaKucha” styled presentations. Themes include the following:
- Community Organizing: where is the energy and how do we harness it
- Language and Communications: who are we and how do we say it
- Arts and Education: what do we create and how can we be seen correctly
- Leadership: what is our vision and how do we inspire
- Finding Cultural Identity: how can young people access culture and community
Beer, wine, and appetizers will be served during this event. Food provided by Petra Mediterranean Bistro. Presentations will begin at 7:30 PM and will take place intermittently throughout the evening. All attendees are welcome to bring up to 2 guests with them. All guests must be over the age of 21.